Paris, Friday, June 19, 2015
An interactive, online-only report with even more accessible extra-financial information.
This year, Orange is demonstrating the maturity of its CSR policy by making its 2014 report even easier to access. The 2014 detailed CSR report, available only online, offers direct access to all of the Group's 2014 achievements with a single click. And all of its social and environmental data can be configured for easy analysis.
Over 300 achievements and CSR performance indicators in 2014
As part of the Group's new strategic plan, Essentials 2020, the CSR approach involves all Group subsidiaries in a common process focused on three sustainable performance levers, in order to create a more human, more positive digital revolution:
- Providing everyone with trusted support in the digital world, by offering advice on usage and protecting their digital lives. It also means paying close attention to employees and sharing the Group's ethical and environmental standards with suppliers.
- Encouraging energy and ecological transition by reducing the Group's carbon footprint, optimising electrical and electronic waste collection and management, and promoting a circular economy where equipment and materials are reused. It also means enhancing the ecodesign of products and services and developing innovative solutions to encourage mobility and teleworking.
- Contributing to economic and social development by seeking to eliminate digital divides, developing digital solutions that meet people's essential needs and supporting digital talents, with a focus on energising local ecosystems. [
A few achievements from 2014:
Through the Digital Society Forum, Orange and its partners* worked with experts and a participative community to develop keys to understand how digital technology is changing society, exploring themes ranging from privacy and personal data to work and digital technology or connected migrants.
- This year Orange published a transparency report on government requests for customer data and judicial subpoenas that are in strict compliance with the laws and regulations in each country.
- In 2014: 21% drop in CO2 emissions per customer since 2006; 1.6 million used mobiles collected in 2014, 41% ISO 14001 certification rate for the Group...
- Following on from the start-up incubator in Dakar, Orange helped open another African start-up incubator in Niamey (Niger) as well as two new social innovation spaces in Bordeaux and Marseille, in partnership with La Ruche (Paris). [
An audited approach to responsibility
Since 2009, the Group has tasked one of its statutory auditors with the annual verification of its CSR approach. For 2014, The Group achieved the top assurance rating, "reasonable", for its overall CSR approach (based on the AA 1000 international standard), for all of the achievements listed in the 2014 roadmap, and for 15 performance indicators. 9 other indicators received a "moderate" assurance rating.
View the report:
Download the press release
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.