Infinera releases report highlighting best practice achievements and new targets for modeling corporate sustainability
Jul 25, 2017
SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 25, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Infinera, a provider of Intelligent Transport Networks, released its latest Sustainability Report demonstrating a commitment to sustainability best practices, transparency and leadership in the optical networking industry. The new report provides an overview of Infinera’s sustainability programs and initiatives conducted in 2016, highlighting the significant accomplishments achieved and the new goals set for 2017.
Infinera’s newly released Sustainability Report highlights the ongoing focus and continued progress Infinera has made in the areas of business ethics, products, environmental and social responsibility, along with targets for improvement in 2017 and beyond. Infinera’s Sustainability Report aligns with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and the United Nations Global Compact Principles, underscoring the detail and rigor of Infinera’s sustainability program. Infinera’s latest Global Sustainability Report can be found here.
“Sustainability continues to be increasingly important to our customers,” said Lena Båvegård, Infinera Senior Director, Corporate Quality & Sustainability. “At Infinera, we are committed to leveraging our role as a telecommunication equipment leader to support our customers and drive responsible choices, engage in new sustainable best practices and inspire a sense of obligation in the world around us.”
Infinera is active in several leading sustainable organizations, including:
- United Nations Global Compact (UNCG), the world’s largest corporate sustainability program
- American Society for Quality (ASQ), a global community of experts and the leading authority on quality in all fields, organizations and industries
- Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative (CFSI), a program that offers independent, third-party audits to validate “conflict-free” accreditation to companies and their suppliers, ensuring accreditation is in line with current global standards
- QuEST Forum, an association of service providers, suppliers and liaisons dedicated to impacting the quality and sustainability of products and services in the information and communications technology industry
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG), a public policy/trade organization representing nearly 400 of Silicon Valley’s most respected employers on issues, programs and campaigns that affect the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley including energy, transportation, education, housing, health care, tax policies, economic vitality and the environment
- Women in Photonics, Silicon Valley, an organization started by and composed of women representing the vibrant and diverse workforce of Silicon Valley from both industry and academia, specifically in the field of optic and photonics
Additionally, on June 12, Infinera was recognized by Magyar Telekom, the Hungarian market-leading information and communications technology company, for sustainable best practices and awarded as one of Magyar Telekom’s top three sustainable suppliers in 2016.
For more information Infinera’s sustainability activities, visit www.infinera.com/company/social-responsibility.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.