The After Show Live – Day 5: DSP Revenue Streams (On demand replay)
Mar 12, 2021
- Live at:
- 4pm, Friday 12th March, 2021 (UK)
Beth Cohen, SDN Product Strategies, Verizon
Diego R. Lopez, Senior Technology Expert, Telefónica
Neil McRae, Managing Director Architecture & Technology Strategy and BT Chief Architect, BT
Sergio Gonzalez, Lead Cloud Architect, Microsoft
Tim Smith, VP, Nokia Europe
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0kumiQqVEkg?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of Day Five of the DSP Leaders World Forum 2021. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by panelists for this end-of-day question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- How important is edge roaming to the development of the telco edge services market?
- Will the edge services market only take off and be cost-effective once the market develops better-performing silicon and new acceleration options?
- Telcos can’t be expected to come up with all the new service ideas themselves, so is there a better way for them to partner commercially with third-party providers to generate new service revenue?
- Which operators and/or other companies do you benchmark against, and what can you learn from them?
- Can telcos offer edge services without partnering with the hyperscalers like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud?
- If you could name just “one thing” to move the concept of distributed Edge from tests and trials to full deployment of carrier grade traffic in urban areas, what would that one thing be?
Recorded March 2021 using TelecomTV’s Smart Studio service
SDN Product Strategies, Verizon
Diego R. Lopez
Senior Technology Expert, Telefónica
Managing Director Architecture & Technology Strategy and BT Chief Architect, BT
Lead Cloud Architect, Microsoft
Vice President Europe, Nokia
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.