Cisco announced that Eastlink, a leading telecom service provider in Canada, is using Cisco Videoscape to power its new mobile video platform, Eastlink To Go, which delivers new consumer experiences anytime, anywhere.
Eastlink digital TV customers now can watch their favorite pay-TV content at no extra cost when outside the home -- on their PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
Eastlink To Go enables content to fit on any screen through an intuitive technology that adapts the format of the content for optimum quality and a superior viewing experience.
"The amount of video content our customers watch continues to increase, and so do the ways in which our customers want to view that content. Eastlink To Go, powered by Cisco Videoscape, is another great example of our continued focus on innovation to ensure our customers have the products and services they need to adapt to a rapidly evolving video environment," said Lee Bragg, CEO, Eastlink.
Enabling Flexible Multi-Screen Video Entertainment
- Eastlink customers can use Eastlink To Go by simply logging in to a one-step, easy-to-use portal platform. They will be able to access Hollywood Suite OnDemand and Eastlink TV OnDemand, as well as live content from Eastlink TV.
- Eastlink has more than 1,600 employees providing a range of video, internet, phone, community programming, home security and advertising services to residential, business and public sector customers in Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Bermuda.
- Cisco Videoscape harnesses the potential of cloud, network and client to bring live and on-demand video across a number of network devices such as laptops, smartphones and Android devices.
- Cisco Videoscape reinvents the TV experience by letting service providers bring together content from pay TV, online and on-demand sources. Content can further be combined with social media, communications and mobility to create a ‘better-than-being-there' video experience.
- In developing Eastlink To Go, Eastlink has used the power of Videoscape to deliver a "TV Everywhere" experience and extend branded content such as on-demand, online and linear TV to customers' PCs and Macintosh computers, tablets and smartphones.
- The deployed Videoscape solutions include Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite, Cisco Videoscape Media Suite, Cisco Media Processor and Transcode Manager, and Cisco Videoscape Soft Clients. Together, these components provide a pre-integrated, pre-tested "TV Everywhere" solution that can be deployed right away and can be used as a platform to roll out new services in the future.
"Eastlink was among the first end-to-end Cisco Videoscape customers and continues to use the technology in innovative ways to enhance the video experience of its customers as it moves towards a fully-realized all-IP model. Eastlink To Go offers a versatile and highly convenient experience, allowing users to take TV service with them for anywhere/anytime access. In today's growing competitive climate, service providers need to constantly evolve their offerings, and Videoscape is one of the tools they can use to stay at the top of the game," said Mark Kummer, vice president, Service Provider, Cisco Canada.
please sign in to rate this article