Proof of Concept: E2E Orchestration of Virtualized LTE Core-Network Functions and SDN-based Dynamic Service Chaining of VNFs
SK Telecom, HP, Samsung, Telcoware
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y29GqI3XNEw?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
E2E Orchestration of Virtualized LTE Core-Network Functions and SDN-based Dynamic Service Chaining of VNFs
This PoC project is divided into a number of phases. In our 1st phase, we have the following 5 goals.
- PoC Project Goal #1: The PoC will verify the correctness of the E2E lifecycle management and orchestration of virtualized LTE core network functions (e.g., vEPC, vIMS, value-add services) which are managed by VNF Managers from multiple vendors, as described in GS NFV-002 v1.1.1 Section 7.2.7.
- PoC Project Goal #2: The PoC will verify the correctness of the virtualized LTE core network function behaviors such as vMME, vS/P-GW, and vIMS that are implemented as VNFs on top of the NFVI as described in GS NFV-002 v1.1.1 Section 7.2 (Figure 4: NFV reference architectural framework).
- PoC Project Goal #3: The PoC will examine the performance of the implemented VNFs. More specifically, the goal is to examine whether or not the performance of the VNFs is comparable to the physical function (i.e., PF) counterparts when optimized and fine-tuned. This is yet to be published by ETSI NFV PER export group (in ETSI GS NFV-PER documents).
- PoC Project Goal #4: The PoC will examine the feasibility and correctness of elastic features (e.g., scale in/out and scale up/down) and their performance. Some of these orchestrator based elasticity details are to be addressed by the ETSI NFV MAN working group (in ETSI GS NFV-MAN documents).
- PoC Project Goal #5: The PoC will examine the feasibility of the SDN-driven VNF-FG graph construction and its performance, as specified in GS NFV-002 v1.1.1 Section 6.2 (Figure 2: graph representation of an end-to-end network service).
The latter phases of our PoC project is still being developed and will later be announced in the future when clearly defined.
No related website
No Twitter account currently available
NFV ISG PoC Proposal
Get in touch
DK Lee, Project Manager of Network Technology R&D Center, SK Telecom
Marie-Paule Odini, Distinguished Technologist, NFV, SDN, Hewlett Packard (HP)
SangKyu Lee, Senior Engineer, Samsung
Jong-Hyun Lee, Executive Director & Head-IMS Development, Telcoware